Carbon Dioxide Leak Detector
Find CO2 leaks. Fast.
Senses refrigerant change for excellent response is contaminated areas
Long-life sensor lasts up to 10 years
Three sensitivity levels, down to 6g (0.2oz) per year
Rechargeable lithium ion battery
The SCL2 Carbon Dioxide Leak Detector is a portable CO2 (R-744) instrument with a superior combination of sensitivity, speed, sensor life, battery life, and ease of use.
Easily find leaks on commercial refrigeration systems, restaurant soda machines, or any other system using R-744. Pinpoint tiny leaks in high concentration CO2 environments. The SCL2 Carbon Dioxide Leak Detector finds leaks as small as 6 grams per year (0.2 oz/yr). It also has three sensitivity settings to keep false triggering to a minimum.
Gas is pumped through the tip of the wand into the sensor within the SCL2 body. The sensor detects changes in concentration, not absolute concentration, allowing the SLC2 to differentiate CO2 concentrations higher than concentrations normally found in the ambient air.
The SCL2 Carbon Dioxide Leak Detector comes with a wall and car charger for its ultra compact lithium ion battery which last for a full eight hours.
- Carbon Dioxide Leak Detector – SCL2
- 229 mm (9″) Needle Tip Probe
- 229 mm (9″) Flex Extension Tip
- 10 Moisture Filters
- Wall Charger
- Car Charger
- Blow Molded Hard Case
- Sensing element: Enhanced infrared photo optics
- Sensor life: Up to 10 years
- Refrigerants: R-744 Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Sensitivity Levels:
- High: Up to 6 grams/yr (0.2oz/yr)
- Medium: Up to 14 grams/yr (0.5oz/yr)
- Low: Up to 28 grams/yr (1oz/yr)
- Response time: 1 second
- Recovery time: ~4 seconds
- Auto off: 10 minutes after no activity
- Battery: 3.7VDC(nominal), rechargeable lithium ion user-replaceable battery
- Battery life: 8 hours continuous use prior to needing a charge. Degradation (30%) after 500 charge/discharge cycles or two years, whichever comes first
- Low battery LED: Lights when approximately 1 hour of battery life remains
- Charge time: Less than 4 hours (either charger)
- Operating environment: 32ºF (0°C) to 104ºF (40°C) at <75%RH (non-condensing)
- Storage environment: <80%RH meter and batt
- For 80% battery recovery: -4ºF (-20°C) to 140ºF (60°C) less than 1 month -4ºF (-20°C) to 113ºF (45°C) less than 3 months -4ºF (-20°C) to 68ºF (20°C) less than 1 year
When should I replace the filter?
How do I replace the sensor?
How do I use low/medium/high/turbo