Digital Megohm Meter
Evaluate Compressor Insulation. Helps to Predict Compressor Failure.
1000VDC voltage source
Measure up to 2000 megohm
The Fieldpiece Digital Megohm Meter, model SMG5, is a compact standalone meter designed for checking HVAC compressor insulation. The SMG5 provides a 1000V voltage source, monitors current, and displays the resistance between the test points. Maximum current output is <1mA. It can be used to determine the condition of insulation from winding to ground in a motor, compressor, or transformer. Includes a case, alligator clip lead tip and leads with removable tips.
To test resistance, a DMM supplies low voltage (<1V) to the test points and is capable of delivering only a few milliamps. It’s not a high enough voltage to detect high resistance problems that might indicate moisture and other contaminants and it’s not enough current to measure lower values of resistance.
- 1000VDC stresses insulation to measure up to 2000Mohms
- Backlit LCD display
- Auto-off to extend battery life
- Case, alligator clip, leads with removable tips
- Megohm Meter – SMG5
- (2) Probe Tips
- (1) Ground Lead with Detachable Tip
- (1) Alligator Probe Tip
- Carrying Case
- (4) AAA Batteries (installed)
- Operator’s Manual
- Display: 3 1/2 digit liquid crystal display (LCD) with maximum reading of 1999
- Overrange: (OL) or (-OL) is displayed
- Low battery indication: The ” ” is displayed when the battery voltage drops below the operating level
- Measurement rate: 2.5 times per second, nominal
- Operating Environment: 0°C to 40°C at < 70% relative humidity.
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C, 0 to 80% R.H. with battery removed from meter
- Auto power off: 15 seconds approx.
- Standby consume current: <10μA
- Battery: 4 pcs 1.5V (AAA size) UM-4 R03.
- Battery Life: 4 hours (continuity) typical with alkaline battery (@20ΜΩ range test 10ΜΩ resistor).
Encontre o seu distribuidor mais próximo e veja onde comprar!
Recolha o equipamento novo no seu distribuidor mais próximo.